January is always a special month for Yogibo. It allows us not just review how awesome the previous year was, but to think about the future and how much more we still want to do. Some of our 2015 highlights include:
- Opening 7 new stores in four states. These include 5 stores in Maryland and Pennsylvania, who have fully welcomed the awesomeness.
- Our Canadian friends are now able to take in the Yogibo experience first-hand, with the opening of our first retail location at the Coquitlam Centre in Vancouver.
- We’re spreading the Yogibo love far beyond North America with a hugely successful launch in Japan. In less than a year we’ve opened several new stores across the country and we have been featured on some of Japan's most popular national shows. We’re also working to expand the Yogiverse in 2016 to new exciting countries across the globe.
- We introduced several new products like the Yogibo Pyramid, the Yogibo Pod, and our latest hit, the addicting Squeezybos, which can be purchased in any of our stores.
- It was also a big year for people discovering us, with everyone from Buzzfeed to Bloomberg to The Huffington Post catching the buzz. We even worked with the Animal Planet network to help furnish a treehouse for kids battling cancer!
- We hung out with our awesome gamer fans at PAX East, C2E2, and Awesomecon. We also continued our commitment to our communities and charitable organizations, especially those focusing on the special needs community.
- Last but not least, we broke the Guinness World Record for the largest bean bag on Earth. It’s over 210’ long, weighs more than 1,700 lbs, and is 100% awesome. We unveiled it at the Greater Boston Walk for Autism Speaks and it was a huge hit.
Needless to say, we have our work cut out for us if we want to top 2015.
So what’s on the agenda for 2016? For starters, we’re adding some new stores in really cool locations. We’ll be introducing the awesomeness to Delaware and Virginia, as well as a brand new store in our hometown of Nashua, NH. We’re also committed to making everyone’s Yogibo experience as awesome as possible, so we’ll be updating several of our existing stores.
Just because we made the largest bean bag on Earth doesn’t mean we’re going to keep it locked up in some warehouse. We’re going to be taking it on the road to new places for everybody to experience! Be on the lookout or let us know if you have an event that you think could be a great fit for it.
Finally, we’re always working to add great new products to our lineup. We’re really excited about them so keep your eyes out for announcements. 2015 was great, but 2016 is shaping up to be the most awesome year ever.